John Anastasatos, MD, FACS
Dr. Anastasatos specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and was formerly an Assistant Professor of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
Dr. Anastasatos is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and serves as an Expert Reviewer for the Medical Board of California. He is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. Dr. Anastasatos is a fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
When asked about his philosophy, Dr. Anastasatos states “Humanity and understanding guides my work with my patients.” In 2014, Dr. Anastasatos received a Certificate of Congressional Recognition for his work in plastic surgery and philanthropy."
Residency and Fellowships:
- Internship: General surgery residency, Columbia University-Presbyterian Medical Center, NY, NY
- Residency: Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery fellowship, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Residency: Plastic Surgery residency, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Residency: Chief Resident in plastic surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Residency: Clinical Instructor in plastic surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Fellowship: Assistant Professor, Division of Plastic Surgery, The University of Alabama at Birmingham
Societies - Memberships - Affiliations:
- Board-Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Southeastern Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- Hellenic Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Anastasatos JM, Vasconez LO. “Mechanismos del Envejecimiento y Practicas Anti-Envejecimiento: Evidencia y Suposiciones”. Ibero-Latin-American magazine of Plastic Surgery, May 2004
- Vasconez LO, Anastasatos JM. An accurate technique for fixation in endoscopic brow lift: a 5-year follow-up. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2001 Nov; 108 (6): 1811 discussion
- Hardy MA, Eiref SD, Anastasatos JM. Donor and recipient immunomodulation as an aid for limb transplantation. Transplantation Proceedings.1998 Sep; 30(6): 2732-6; discussion 2737-8
- Lefkoe TP, Walsh WR, Anastasatos JM, Ehrlich MG, Barrach HJ. Remodeling of articular step-off; is osteoarthritis dependent on defect size? Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research, Volume 314, PP 253- 265, 1995