BHP is Hiring!
Beverly Hills Physicians is one of the largest networks of beauty and health care providers in California. Though specializing primarily in plastic surgery, the network hosts physicians and aestheticians for all categories of beauty and wellness.
We are looking to fill a couple open positions. If you are a hard working individual looking to join our team we’d love to hear from you. Brief job descriptions are below. If you are interested in applying please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
Medical Assistant (Encino office)
We are looking for qualified applicants to fill our open Medical Assistant position. You must meet strict criteria and follow provided guidelines in order to be considered. We only interview and hire if you are qualified and meet our criteria.
If you are a hard working individual looking to join our team we'd love to hear from you. In order to apply, please submit the following:
2. Cover letter, expressing interest in the position and the qualities you possess which makes you a good candidate
3. Provide three personal and professional references in your resume
Provide superior patient customer service and care as the front office representative. Ensure quality, personalized patient care, while completing all related tasks in a comprehensive and timely manner. The Medical Assistant will follow all compliance with the state and federal regulations set forth for the health care industry as well as maintain a professional attitude at all times.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include:
- Greet patients upon arrival, open the door, go out into the waiting room, introduce yourself to the patient with a SMILE.
- Answer the phone calls within first two rings.
- Answer the phone calls with a SMILE.
- Request patients to enter their names and Doctor onto the Sign-In Sheet.
- Provide patients with pre-printed paper forms for completion and witness the patient's signatures.
- Open and close front office area daily, unlocking and securing patient files, adjusting airflow, as needed, inspection reception area before and after scheduling patient appointments.
- Edit returned paper forms for completions and confirm all needed signatures.
- Schedule all patient appointments and consultations.
- Carefully complete all patient demographic, e-mail, personal and insurance data into BMS from the completed forms.
- Scan all documents including the Sign-In Form into the Document Repository.
- When transferring a call to a voice mail, let the caller know that the person is not available and you are transferring the caller to the voice mail.
- Tag patient in and out in BMS.
- Assist & escort patients to the examining rooms.
- Monitor the waiting room for cleanliness, magazines and periodicals keeping them orderly arranged on the tables and inside the protective jackets.
- Monitor cleanliness of office daily; clean tables, TV, counter tops, phones, door knobs, windows, mirrors, etc. Look for stains or damage to seats in exam rooms or waiting room. Must be done daily even if look clean to you.
- Maintain a full supply of business cards and surgical procedure brochures in their respective holders.
- Offer the patient, if they are not having surgery, and their family or friends something to drink and make them feel comfortable and at ease. Always address all patients and employees with a SMILE.
- Update the patient or family member of approximate wait time if the doctor is running late.
- Update the patient's family or friends in the waiting room approximately every 30 minutes, or as their body language indicates. Inform them of the status of the patient and when the patient is removed from the OR and placed in Recovery.
- Pull charts for today's patient visits and insert blank Progress Note forms for completion by the patient's surgeon.
- Process all payments and enter the payments into BMS.
- Distribute all delivered mail, faxes, packages and correspondences to their intended recipient in a timely manner.
- Maintain paper supply in the front desk photocopier and fax equipment.
- Maintain consistent surveillance of the Waiting Room and know the status of each person or group waiting.
- Keep reception window, counter tops, entry/exit doorways free from fingerprints and smudges.
- Replenish all office supplies in the reception/front desk area.
- Maintain strict HIPAA compliance by promptly securing all patient identifiable materials.
- Verify the demographics and telephone contact phone numbers for all returning patients assuring current mailing/contact information. Make all needed changes in BMS.
- Alert the Facility Administrator when stepping away from the reception desk and always arrange for coverage for breaks or lunches in conjunction with the reception desk.
- Carefully screen all calls for their appropriate disposition and refer calls to the proper person.
- Inform the office manager if require supplies, if detect broken items such as chairs or burned light bulbs.
- Perform any and all other related duties as assigned to him/her by supervisor.
- Check company assigned e-mail daily for updates and instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in superior customer service, preferable in the health care industry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proven communication and organization skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent personal skills
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Excellent communication and English grammar skills
- Ability to solve practical problems
Please send your application via email to Eric Cordova at [email protected]
Beverly Hills Physicians is looking for highly skilled and qualified individuals for the following positions
RN, LVN, Scrub Tech
If you are interested please email your resume to [email protected]