Shahab Mahboubian, D.O., MPH
Dr. Shahab Mahboubian completed his training in limb lengthening and deformity correction surgery at the world-renown Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, the #1 orthopedic hospital in the nation (U.S. News & World Report, 2010). He has brought this highly specialized orthopedic practice to the West coast with the most advanced techniques and skills in Limb Lengthening surgery. Some of the wide array of surgical techniques utilized by Dr. Mahboubian include correction of bow-legs and knock-knees, deformities of the upper or lower extremities, leg-length discrepancies, bony malunions or nonunions, and cosmetic bilateral limb lengthening. Dr. Mahboubian takes great pride in paying particular attention to details while providing the most comprehensive and meticulous care for his patients. He has been commended about his sincere mannerism and professional demeanor toward his patients by his colleagues and peers alike. With every consultation, Dr. Mahboubian supplies his patients with a thorough understanding of their problem and a complete overview of their treatment options in order to allow his patients to make the most educated decisions about their care.
"Thank you for all of your help and support in planning my surgery, and getting all the financing set up. You have changed me for the better, you will never truly know just how much that means to me."
- University of California Los Angeles - Los Angeles, CA
- Western University - Pomona, CA
Residency and Fellowships:
- Fellowship in Limb Lengthening and Reconstructive Surgery
Hospital for Special Surgery - New York, NY
- Orthopedic Surgical Residency
Peninsula Hospital Consortium - Far Rockaway, NY
Societies - Memberships - Affiliations:
- The American Osteopathic Academy of Orthopedics
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Osteopathy Association
- Limb Lengthening and Reconstruction Society (ASAMI)
- Arthroscopy Association of North America